I'm Dreaming of a Vintage Christmas




A few days ago I glanced at my wife’s Facebook feed as she was perusing through profiles of friends from high school. Something got my attention rather quickly: Most of their family Christmas photographs looked the same. Same outfits, same poses, same backgrounds.

I got the idea to make something a little different. I wanted to do something that was dated yet timeless, simple yet elegant. 


Drawing inspiration from three old photos that we found in a book purchased at a local antiques store, we decided to recreate the kind of Christmas images that would have made us want to spend Christmas with “these” people. It was an era when the newspaper was still important, your Sunday best was worn almost every day, and the radio offered you your sports, news, and music.